3 months ago
Global Biopharma client is looking for A&IT Systems Infrastructure Engineer.
Reporting to the A&IT PAS Infrastructure Technical Lead, the A&IT Systems Infrastructure Engineer is required to support the installation, configuration and maintenance of the IT Infrastructure associated with Process Automation, OEM and MES Systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the administration of IT systems onsite.
- Provide troubleshooting and hands-on support to resolve technical issues.
- Daily operations and sustaining support.
- Making improvements to, and offering advice about, installation, configuration and governing procedures.
- Scheduling and coordinating work to tight deadlines.
- Ensuring that infrastructure works to specification.
- Creating and carrying out test procedures.
- Writing reports and documentation.
- Providing technical support.
- Ensuring safe working conditions.
- Working with on call teams when problems are escalated.
- Training maintenance and operative staff where appropriate.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- At least 3 years’ experience with installation, administration and configuration of server /Network infrastructure for Virtualised solutions in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry is required.
- Experience with Active Directory Domain Services infrastructure and administration
- Proficiency with Cisco IOS and experience administering and managing cisco manufacturing networks. Understanding of key LAN principles. Cisco certification is desirable (CCNA/CCNP).
- Understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V Manager, Failover clusters and Microsoft Hyper-V host and management servers.
- Understanding of Microsoft Licensing and Vendor package licensing
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Sever versions 2008, 2012 and 2016
- SQL Server administration experience is desirable
- Experience with Backup and Recovery solutions for large virtualised server infrastructure.
- Ability to keep work pace and meet deadlines. Good organising and planning skills.
- Strong communication skills. Problem solver with a focus on achievement of overall goals.
- Proven success working well in a team environment with flexibility to react to changing business needs
- Ability to anticipate, evaluate and resolve multiple, simultaneous issues, delays and problems by utilising technical, project management, and business expertise.
- Ability to work independently and remotely with minimum direct supervision
- Ensuring compliance with practices, policies, procedures, legal requirements and goals of project sponsors and approved methodologies, develop supporting documentation and monitor budget tracking/ timeliness/ scheduled resources.
- Work with all departments and with all levels of the organisation, and vendors.
- Work closely with other team resources and PM’s including MES, Data Analytics, Process, Automation, and Site IT Infrastructure.
- Maintaining Servers and Network Infrastructure based in Dublin.
- Willing to work irregular hours, weekends and holidays as required.
- Working on a large scale manufacturing facility indoors and outside, working safely, ensuring others work safely, and properly using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Take action, final decision, recommend.
- Makes technical decisions within agreed limits ensuring relevant decision makers are involved in the decision processes. Identifies and reports any project challenges or discrepancies from normal practices or procedures to project management, recommending and implementing corrective actions. Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Limited supervision - Receives assignments in the form of general objectives and establishes goals and plans to meet objectives. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting established objectives and schedules.
- Some indirect supervision of relevant teams to assure desired outcomes are achieved.
Why should you apply
- You will help patients in their fight against serious diseases
- You will be part of a company that encourages excellence and innovation, respects diversity, develops leaders and values its employees.
- You’ll get a competitive salary and a great benefits package including an annual bonus, pension contribution, family medical allowance, 23.5 days annual leave plus 3 Company days, life assurance, on-site gym and gain-sharing bonus