about 1 month ago
Business Development Director
My client, an FMCG company based in Dublin is looking for a Business Development Director to assist the company with the implementation of strategies designed to increase revenue and acquire new business opportunities. You will be responsible for ensuring that the teams are delivering their role objectives to the highest level.
- Ownership of the strategy for the business performance to ensure results and KPI's are achieved.
- Formulating and implementing an account management plan to ensure that business relations are properly maintained.
- Be pro-active in driving and identifying new business prospects and ensuring all sales and revenue opportunities are explored and captured.
- Researching new markets and emerging market trends.
- Developing new partnerships.
- Presenting market research to the marketing department and recommending strategies to improve market research.
- Collecting information in order to prepare proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external sales and marketing departments, vendors, distributors, and customers.
- Build and manage a short, medium- and long-term pipeline of realistic and credible prospects in order to identify and develop a business development plan to engage with them.
- Participation in Trade Shows to promote the business and create new sales opportunities.
- Work effectively with other departments when handing over new clients, ensuring they are fully briefed in all relevant information.
- Report on performance against all targets and take responsibility for implementing corrective action plans where necessary.
- Create a culture of coaching and mentoring within the business designed to ensure managers are delivering 'best in class' strategic business development.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Sales & Business Development roles, ideally managing teams
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field
- An understanding of formal procurement / tender processes, and experience in proposal / tender writing
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Full Clean Driving license
The next step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Renata Kormann from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement & Operations. Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent. All our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.