15 days ago
(Permanent – Dublin)
As a Category Buyer your responsibility will be to support the Category Manager by buying packaging and ingredients in a fast paced and high volume Food Industry based in Dublin.
- Negotiating the prices of products and investigating new opportunities to ensure the lowest cost and best value solutions to the business.
- Lead the development of the strategic sourcing plans for the category and subcategories which take into account both demand and supply-side considerations.
- Maintaining the supplier and pricing database updated and accurate at all times, analyse and evaluate stock cover using the ERP system and arrange contract renewals when necessary.
- Ensuring all suppliers are aware of any documentation and delivery processes within the company, including any customs clearance requirements.
- Act as a key point of contact for the category or sub-categories for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead procurement initiatives with accountability to deliver savings and financial objectives in line with commitments agreed with internal stakeholders.
- Build robust, realistic and accurate budget and forecasts for the category under direction from the Procurement Management.
- Manage the risk associated with the category spend, deploying analytical tools and financial instruments to assess risk, recommend action, manage market volatility and optimize cost.
- Add value by identifying and executing activities to achieve total cost of ownership savings.
- Track category performance, risks and opportunities vs plan and make recommendations to the business.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a Direct Procurement / Buyer role within a FMCG company is a MUST
- 3rd Level Degree or Diploma in Business, Supply Chain or related subject
- Working experience with SAP + Microsoft Office Excel (advanced level)
- Excellent negotiation, communication and influencing skills
The next step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Renata Kormann from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement & Operations. Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent. All our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.