€500 per day
21 days ago
My client are looking to hire a Cloud Architect on a 6 month initial contract basis in Dublin. The successful candidate's main focus will be on architecting cloud-based solutions for a variety of projects, which will include research & development, building prototypes and proof of concepts to guide solutions and best practices. In addition to designing these solutions, the Cloud Architect will be either responsible or involved in their solution architecture implementation, deployment, and operations.
- Architect AWS based solutions for custom developed applications.
- DevOps evangelist and ownership throughout product lifecycle. Strong DevOps experience/mindset with CALMS principles.
- Automate provisioning of both cloud-based infrastructure and application deployment/configuration to support the development organization.
- Develop Cloud Native Architectures
- Identify, develop, implement and improve infrastructure/operations activities for automation with Cloud experience, particularly with AWS
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in all environments through proven detail-oriented analysis in root cause scenarios and technical deep dives
- Contribute to team efforts to maintain processes and tools for infrastructure, monitoring and operations with clear documentation
- Implement strategies for optimization, high availability and recovery
- Ability to communicate well with multiple cross functional stakeholders
- Efficiently manage multiple work streams with clear and proactive communication of status, as both a self-starter and a team player.
What you need:
- Architecting using the Well Architected Framework
- Strong ability to learn and use new technology frameworks
- Understanding of High Availability services concepts
- Strong development background with track record of delivering products to production.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Strong automation mindset based on past success, including ability to provide automation guidance to team members and developers.
- Strong capabilities in scripting (Python, AWS CLI, Bash)
- IAM experience including management of Policies, Roles, Users and Groups. Cross account access, Role assumption and the use of Boundary Policies,
- Automation Frameworks particularly Ansible, Terraform, and CloudFormation or similar Infrastructure as Code solutions
- AWS Support level experience with EC2, ECS, ALB, S3, VPC, CodeCommit/git, and Route53 DNS
- Application Monitoring experience, preferably including AWS CloudWatch.
- Experienced in troubleshooting, deep-dives, and debugging
- Functional knowledge of Database concepts, both relational and DynamoDB
- Comfortable operating in a matrix organization, strong ability to communicate across teams to ensure alignment of technology strategy, best practices and successful delivery.
- Availability to occasionally support systems on-call after hours as needed
The Next Step for you:
- Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Michael O'Brien ([email protected]) from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
- Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement and Operations.
- Please note that all applications are treated with strict confidence Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
- Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.