€65k per year
019 60 97 84
over 2 years ago
A great opportunity for a DevOps Engineer has arisen with one of our clients in Nenagh Tipperary. You will be in collaboration with a multidisciplinary delivery team, be responsible for the deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of critical enterprise API platform in production.
What you will be doing in the role:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing software on production systems; ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Achieving a delivery process supporting continuous deployment.
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- Pre-production Operational Acceptance Testing to assure the quality of our products / services.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across infrastructure and application domains.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class security solutions.
- Contribute significantly to implementing technical solutions and improvements within a collaborative, high trust, solutions delivery team.
- Work independently when required, communicating regularly with stakeholders on solution implementation.
- Provide technical coaching on complex issues to colleagues.
- Be a proactive stakeholder in product quality.
- Ability to analyse and prioritize incidents and determine root cause and thereafter affect resolution of issues in a timely manner.
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills and a strong customer focus.
- Build a knowledge base on the applications and acquire subject matter expertise on the overall line of business.
- Will perform additional job duties as required.
What you will need in the role:
- 4+ years’ experience in DevOps engineering or similar role.
- Experience and knowledge of one or more of the following technologies - IBM Datapower, Apigee and Drupal CMS.
- 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of cloud technologies (e.g. AWS - EC2, RDS, ELB,EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS).
- DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python, bash or PowerShell) and automation skills.
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios).
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL).
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline.
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
- Strong problem solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
The company will provide you with:
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Zsofia Nemeth from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement and Operations.
Please note that all applications are treated with strict confidence Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.