016 49 85 46
11 days ago
A leading meat processors is looking for an Engineering Manager to join their team. You will be responsible for ensuring efficient operation of the engineering function, and organising the Engineering team to achieve tasks within defined timescales and targets.
- Delegate any maintenance issues to be resolved on each shift and small projects to the right skills in the team, planning and managing effective works
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively
- Schedule both internal and external work(s) maximising planned down time and reducing unplanned downtime
- Manage the team to ensure machine availability, reactively managing dysfunctional machinery with the Shift management
- Ensure routine calibration and maintenance requirements of a variety of electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems are undertaken
- Ensure that designated buildings, plant and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support/solutions when required
- Develop clear accountability for maintenance material spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditure
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Provide technical expertise to the team
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Time served apprenticeship or degree qualification in mechanical/electrical/manufacturing engineering
- Engineering/Manufacturing experience in FMCG environment, meat preferably
- Strong plant level experience with significant proven man management experience
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Nicole Tianihad at Next Generation Recruitment via the Apply button.
Next Generation are specialists in recruiting for roles in Data Science, Digital, Engineering & Life Sciences, IT, Supply Chain & Operation, Engineering and Procurement.
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.