019 60 97 84
about 2 months ago
A great opportunity for a Firmware Engineer has come up with a leading SAAS organisation based in South Dublin. Within the role you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and delivering firmware for next generation in-vehicle consumer and enterprise telematics devices used for vehicle tracking, fleet management, driver behaviour analysis and emergency call services.
You will be working in a fast paced environment in a great team and excellent culture. Career progression is encouraged in the business and it is the perfect opportunity to develop your professional career.
What you will be doing in the role:
- Define software architecture for product platforms.
- Develop software functional specifications for products.
- Develops and specifies data protocol messages required to transfer feature specific data between device, cellular network and backend IT systems.
- Develop software source code for products.
- Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. Includes systems modeling, experimentation and data analysis, and system testing.
- Designs changes to improve overall system performance.
- Responsible to assist the QA team in test plan creation and review.
- Coordinate with manufacturing to release and maintain products.
- May make recommendations to the future direction of the products.
- May perform limited project management duties.
- Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
You will need:
- Minimum of two years of experience in designing and developing firmware in the embedded microprocessor electronics industry.
- Minimum of two years of experience writing software in C/C++ in an embedded environment with an understanding of assembly language.
The company will provide you with:
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic fast paced environment in a global growing organisation where you will have extensive opportunity to deliver exciting projects and progress your career to the next level.
- Excellent remuneration and package on offer.
The Next Step for you:
- Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Zsofia Nemeth ([email protected]) from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line.
- Next Generation are specialists in Data Science, Digital Marketing, Finance, Insurance & Financial Services, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain & Operations
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation emphatically stresses, that as an organisation, will not forward your CV or any other personal details to any 3rd parties without your full prior approval.