24 days ago
Health & Safety Officer - Co. Meath
Are you a recent Health & Safety graduate looking to kickstart your career with a leading company in the FMCG industry? Then look no further, I have the perfect role for you!
This is a one of a kind job opportunity as an Health & Safety Officer in a fast paced and constantly growing food manufacturing company.
Their business is growing and they need someone like you to join their Health & Safety team. You will be reporting into the General Manager and will be responsible, along with other H&S professionals, for the health & safety systems of their site in Co. Meath.
What will you do in this job?
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the Safety Policy is implemented throughout the plant;
- You will be responsible for being up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry;
- You will be responsible for carrying out risk assessments, assessing workplace hazards, considering how risks could be reduced, formulating preventative measures including safe working procedures/safe systems of work and monitoring conformance;
- You will be responsible for carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- You will be responsible for leading site in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks; and maintaining records of same.
What do you need to be successful in this job?
- You hold a degree or a certificate in Occupational Health & Safety.
- You are computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- A self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative in a busy, results-driven environment.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary.
- Plenty of career development opportunities
And... much more!
The Next Step for you:
Interested in this role? Please send your CV to SIMONA MORELLI at Next Generation Recruitment by clicking on the Apply button!
Next Generation specialise in Life Science, Engineering, Supply Chain & Operations, Data Science, Digital Marketing, and IT.
Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.