9 months ago
My client is an Irish owned food manufacturer that operates all around Europe. Their lean culture has driven their success in building a highly efficient organisation that holds a BRC grade ‘AA+’ accreditation and is operated to the highest international standards. They are looking for a Maintenance Electrician to work as part of the maintenance team and in conjunction with Production on Operations Managers. You will need to be highly skilled and have the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of the team.
Your main duties:
- Providing technical support for the plant facilities & services including compressed air, steam, refrigeration and effluent plant while also completing electro-mechanical repairs to high speed food processing, handling and packaging equipment.
- Input into the computer system and carry out preventive maintenance routines and work instructions and update the Preventative Maintenance Management System including stores transactions and work carried out.
- Utilisation of all resources such as manuals, service contracts and external contractors to aid in breakdown recovery.
- Responsible for completion of all Planned Maintenance Routines both inside & outside of normal hours as required.
- Ability to remain calm and focused while coping with multiple tasks.
- Control of contractors and acting as liaison person when required.
The skills and background needed:
- Experience: 2-3yrs as a maintenance Technician with a trades qualification (technical certification/trade in the electrical/instrumentation related field).
- Possess a Multi-skilled cross-skilled ethos with an electrical/electronic bias and be computer literate.
- Previous experience in a high volume, automated manufacturing environment and understanding of the principles and tools of a lean manufacturing environment.
- Experience with both Electrical and Mechanical maintenance within an automated manufacturing environment, ideally with some experience with PLC’s.
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Rory Lynch from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line.
Next Generation are specialists in Data Science, Digital Marketing, Finance, Insurance & Financial Services, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain & Operations.