019 60 97 84
7 days ago
I am looking for a Microsoft SCOM 2016 Administrator for my client, based in Dublin in order to monitoring the server estate and alerts and configuration around alerts and clients. The System Center Operation Manager (SCOM) Administrator will be responsible for managing and maintaining the enterprise SCOM platform and for collaborating with Windows and Linux systems administrators, application administrators and developers, internal and external support teams, to determine requirements for thresholds, filters, events, alerts, and dashboards and reporting.
What you'll be doing:
- Administer Microsoft SCOM 2016.
- Design & Build a SCOM instance for a large organisation with a mixture or Windows & Linux servers.
- Install & configure SCOM 2016 application & DB servers & agents.
- Install SCOM Management Packs.
- Configure, respond to and report on Critical server alerts.
- Windows server administration.
- Linux server administration.
- Active Directory.
- Create reports.
- Document writing.
- Attend meetings and reviews as required.
- Share technical knowledge with colleagues.
- Stakeholder management.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor degree in a computer-related discipline or 4-5 years IT work experience in an Enterprise information technology infrastructure environment.
- Experience in performing System Administration.
- Experience in Administrating Microsoft SCOM 2016.
- Experience with the installation and administration of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007/2012/2016.
- Experience in application/network performance and availability monitoring
- Experience with System Center Suite such as Orchestrator.
- Experience using the Microsoft Windows PowerShell scripting engine to automate tasks with SCOM and Orchestrator.
- Experience with major Microsoft technologies including Windows operating systems, Active Directory Domain Services, Active Directory Federation Services, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server, Office, Skype for Business, and Azure Government.
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies, preferably VMware and/or Microsoft technologies.
The company will offer you:
- Competitive salary – negotiable – depending on experiences.
- Outstanding training opportunities and career progression plan
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Zsofia Nemeth ([email protected]) from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 9609784.
Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement and Operations.
Please note that all applications are treated with strict confidence Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.