€65k per year
019 60 97 84
about 1 month ago
I am looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET’s) for our client’ s Development portal and API Management products who will help them increase automation coverage and improve their existing automation frameworks. This includes identifying current gaps, if needed - designing a solution, and executing it. You should be familiar with Agile testing concepts and open-source test automation frameworks.
You will support engineers by designing and maintaining cutting-edge automation systems to ensure we deploy code with amazing quality and speed.
What you will be doing in the role:
- Develop test automation plan by collaborating with the manual testing team using XRAY (Jira). Work on other non-functional quality attributes, like performance, reliability, and security.
- Develop automated tests with the appropriate technologies. Currently, we are using open source test automation frameworks – Serenity, RestAssured, and Selenium as well as commercial solutions – GenRocket for test data generation. SDET’s will spend most of the time automating test scenarios for Product under test: Development portal and APIs exposed through Apigee solution.
- Provide the Squad and all stakeholders with clear and real-time updates regarding test status, bug status, and overall quality about the product by monitoring failures, reporting bugs, analyzing & triaging automated tests running in the continuous Integration system.
- Work side-by-side with the development team on testing in parallel and automating tests in our sprints.
- Design and implement tools that improve efficiency in manual testing
- Research new or better alternate automated testing tools.
- Help maintain systems to monitor test stability and report stability issues back to engineers.
- Keep a learning mindset - look for opportunities to continuously improve yourself, our products, and the practices that we use to build our products.
What you will need in the role:
- A minimum of 4+ years of experience in writing reliable and maintainable automated tests.
- An eagle-eye for test coverage gaps, false positives or negatives and proficiency in black box, functional, and user flow testing techniques.
- Experience working in Agile / SCRUM delivery methodology.
- Experience with software development tools (IDE, debugger, git, JIRA, Jenkins, etc).
- Novice-level shell scripting skills (commands like grep, cut, sed, sort, wget, etc.).
- Knowledge of Serenity BDD test framework, (Cucumber, Selenium, RestAssured).
- Familiarity with Behavior Driven Development approach and Gherkin language.
- Familiarity with JSON objects, SQL queries, data structures, log file analysis, etc.
- Familiarity with Swagger and Open API Specifications.
- Knowledge of building mocks with WireMock.
- The passion to build tools that will enable the engineering team to write tests more easily.
- The trait of constantly looking for better solutions to bring down automation flakiness and increase automation reliability, thinking ahead and building for future changes in an ever-changing mobile ecosystem.
- Desire to automate everything and reduce the time required to manually test our products.
- The willingness to work with other teams such as engineering, manual QA, product and release teams.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or other engineering discipline, or equivalent work experience.
The company will provide you with:
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Zsofia Nemeth from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement and Operations.
Please note that all applications are treated with strict confidence Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.