€45k per year
21 days ago
QA Test Engineer
My client, an IT manufacturing multinational are looking to hire a QA Test Engineer on a permanent basis for their Galway office. The successful candidate will be part of the QA team working closely with the R&D team to evaluate and test the advanced imaging solutions for state of the art portable devices.
- Evaluate the quality of image analysis and processing algorithms.
- Design and implement automated test cases to check the quality of image processing products and their features.
- Prepare detailed reports by filtering and processing complex test results data.
- Create and maintain shared documentation, including documentation of testing plans and procedures, test-case specifications and test reports
- Create programs that automate the processing of large sets of data and images.
- Design, implement and perform comparative evaluations and benchmarking of imaging features in cameras and camera-phones.
- Organize, carry out and document automated and manual exploratory testing of imaging products in cameras or in software applications.
- Help organizing and performing photo shoot sessions to acquire image datasets
You will need:
- 3+ years of software testing, QA, R&D or programming experience
- Proven experience with automated testing, ideally using scripting languages.
- Good knowledge and solid experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Ruby, Java
- Familiarity with development tools such as Eclipse IDE.
- BS in computer science, electric/electronic engineering or mathematics
- Initiative, self-motivation, thoroughness and superior attention to details
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience with C or C++ programming
- Additional scripting and programming experience, using various software development tools
- Testing and QA experience for Automotive SW products or technologies
- Experience with Process Quality Assurance in software development (e.g. SPICE, CMMI)
- Knowledge of digital photography and cameras
- Understanding of digital image processing algorithms (digitization & coding, enhancement & restoration, segmentation and description)
The Next Step for you:
- Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Michael O'Brien ([email protected]) from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
- Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement and Operations.
- Please note that all applications are treated with strict confidence Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
- Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.