27 days ago
Quality & Thermal Processing Supervisor
(Full-time / Permanent / Longford)
The purpose of your role is to ensure compliance to the thermal processing requirements certifying only safe food fully cooked is produced.
- Supervise the Thermal Food Processing pouch and ALU : Validation of Retort, Micro Testing per retort cycle, Micro testing on cooling water, routine heat penetrations, liaise with other departments in relation to retort issues and equipment validation.
- Quality supervision in Plate freezing and ALU : metal rejects in ALU (traceability), GMP control and audits, leading close out of any non-conformances from BRC or external audits on plate freezing and ALU, ensure procedures as in line with BRC and retailers requirements, HACCP team member.
- Ingredient Supplier approval and management : constant communication with suppliers, ensure quality of ingredients, issue credit notes.
- Maintain procedures updated and all staff properly trained (training new employees and providing annual training refresher to all) .
- Ensure that employees have adhered to the site Hygiene Rules at all times.
- Investigation and report of Customer Complaints as required.
- Qualification in Food Science, Quality Management or related subject.
- 2 years' experience in a Quality role within a food industry, ideally working with thermal food processing.
- Experience/Knowledge of BRC is an advantage
- Candidates must have a valid work permit for fulltime employment (e.g. Irish Citizen, EU Citizen, and Stamp 4) - No sponsorship available.
- Fluency in English is essential + excellent communication skills to approach different audiences (seniors, suppliers and customers).
The next step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Renata Kormann from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement & Operations. Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent. All our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.