25 days ago
Quality (Graduate Opportunity)
(Permanent – Fulltime - Food Industry – Kildare)
Your main focus will be to ensure the implementation of Quality Management systems to deliver safe products to meet customer specifications and ensuring robust controls are measured and maintained and corrective action implemented where deviation occurs.
- Ensure effective implementation of HACCP system on factory floor and ensuring CCP checks are carried out and verified as per procedure and appropriate corrective action taken where critical limits are breached.
- Implement and maintain the Food Safety & Quality Management System for all areas of responsibility.
- Supervise the QMS system checks and procedures conducted by process team on a daily basis.
- Co-ordinate organoleptic/microbiological testing of finished product and raw materials.
- Monitor equipment calibration and support of same under instruction & agreement of Quality Systems Officer.
- Investigate customer complaints and feedback provided on request.
- Assist the team in collation of traceability records as requested.
- On the floor personal hygiene training, QC skills training for operators, relevant food safety & CCP training for relevant operators as requested.
- Facilitate running of Shelf life Testing/Trials
- Daily Organoleptic assessment & reporting
- Daily quality reporting to the Quality Manager
- Label Control Positive Release in conjunction with the Packing Department
- General Laboratory duties-i.e. Water Sampling, Hand Swabbing, Air Swabbing and Plant Swabbing.
- Completion of Maintenance PEMAC Requests and Non- Conformance reports.
- Assisting of Staff Training and Training Records.
- Assisting with traceability and Product recall trials.
- Carrying out of Glass /Perspex Logs throughout the Production Facility
- Ensuring all Supervisors are getting Back to work after sickness and Back to work after holidaying abroad completed for all their staff
- Positive release of production lines after cleaning and allergens etc.
- Monitor and maintain personal hygiene standards including correct wearing of PPE
- Participate in regulatory and customer audits/Visits.
- Support Quality Manager in close out of any non-conformances and escalate any concern to the Manager where food safety, quality or legality concern is not brought under control to your satisfaction.
- Attend all meetings as requested by the Quality Manager and engage positively and contribute to same. Provide all requested information in preparation for such meetings to the Quality Manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Food Science, Quality Management or related subject
- Previous experience (work placement) in a QA/QC role within a Food Industry is an advantage
- Flexibility to work on Shifts (6 am to 2 pm / 2 pm to 10 pm) including occasional weekend work
The next step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Renata Kormann from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement & Operations. Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent. All our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.