23 days ago
Part-time Quality Manager- Kildare- Permanent Role (20 Hours per week)
Next Generation are currently recruiting a Quality Manager for a leading Food company based in Kildare. You will play a vital role within the Quality Department ensuring the standards of all quality and food safety systems are maintained and in line with relevant legal requirements.
The best part of this position is that the working hours are flexible for the right candidate. This role would ideally suit someone that is interested in a good work/life balance.
- To lead the Quality department in the development and maintenance of the Quality and Food Safety systems to regulatory legislation, customer and third party standards.
- To provide technical expertise and advice in areas of Food safety and legal requirements as well as leadership, support and training for quality improvement projects
- Draft Quality Assurance Policies and Procedures
- Management of Supplier activities including carrying out audits, risk assessments and detailing all records and specifications
- Supplier audits on and off site for approval processes, reviews and in to resolve issues
- Champion the training and development of staff in the areas of food safety or quality, for example: Induction, Hygiene & Cleaning, Food Hygiene, HACCP, Allergen Awareness, Taste Panel training
- Approval of suppliers within different stages of the manufacturing process.
- Develop, implement and maintain quality specifications and standards for the factory.
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities (HACCP, BRC, Food Safety, Bord Bia, etc)
- 3-5 years' experience in FMCG or food manufacturing/production at a senior level
- Third Level Degree in Food Science or related subject
- Lead auditor certification is preferential
- HACCP certification is essential
- Excellent communication skills to seniors, suppliers and customers
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Kate Curran at Next Generation Recruitment via the Apply button.
Next Generation are specialists in recruiting for roles in Data Science, Digital, Engineering & Life Sciences, IT, Supply Chain & Operation, Engineering and Procurement.
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.