€100k per year
019 60 97 84
18 days ago
A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Firmware Engineering Manager has come up with a leading SAAS organisation based in South Dublin. Within the role you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and delivering firmware for next generation in-vehicle consumer and enterprise telematics devices used for vehicle tracking, fleet management, driver behaviour analysis and emergency call services.
You will be working in a fast paced environment in a great team and excellent culture. Career progression is encouraged in the business and it is the perfect opportunity to develop your professional career.
What you will be doing in the role:
- Manages activities of the firmware engineering team.
- Coaches and mentors the firmware engineering team members.
- Performs hiring for the firmware team, including screening applicants and interviewing.
- Perform administrative managerial duties, including performance reviews and employee assessments.
- Coordinates firmware release activities.
- Perform project management duties.
- Define software architecture for product platforms.
- Develops software requirements for products.
- Oversees data protocol messaging required to transfer feature specific data between device, cellular network and backend IT systems.
- Develops software source code for products.
- Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. Includes systems modelling, experimentation and data analysis, and system testing.
- Designs changes to improve overall system performance.
- Responsible to assist the QA team in test plan creation and review.
- Make recommendations to the future direction of the products.
You will need:
- 10+ years of experience in designing and developing firmware in the embedded microprocessor electronics industry.
- 10+ years of experience writing software in C/C++ in an embedded environment with an understanding of assembly language.
- 3+ years of experience leading projects and other team member activities.
The company will provide you with:
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic fast paced environment in a global growing organisation where you will have extensive opportunity to deliver exciting projects and progress your career to the next level.
- Excellent remuneration and package on offer.
The Next Step for you:
- Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Zsofia Nemeth ([email protected]) from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line.
- Next Generation are specialists in Data Science, Digital Marketing, Finance, Insurance & Financial Services, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain & Operations
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation emphatically stresses, that as an organisation, will not forward your CV or any other personal details to any 3rd parties without your full prior approval.