€65k - 75k per year
2 months ago
Senior Software Engineer - Big Data
An excellent opportunity has just opened for a Senior Software Engineer with a client of mine here in Dublin. The successful candidate will be required to implement big data and data analytic applications and will also work as part of a highly skilled team designing and developing applications for big data handling, data wrangling, anonymization and data analytics.
- Designing, developing and maintaining the data management platform components which include but are not limited to a Data Lake, Data Privacy Engine, Data Ingestion Algorithms, Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), Analytics Engines, Data Engineering, etc.
- Full software lifecycle participation including designing, developing, testing, bug fixing, deploying cloud etc.
- Participation in an Agile Scrum based software development process.
What you need:
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong experience with at least one of the object-oriented programming languages or functional programming languages: Scala, Java, Python, C / C++ or Go.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Experience working in an Agile environment following Scrum.
- Expertise with Big Data Hadoop platforms like Hortonworks, Cloudera, MAPR, Teradata, etc; experience building large scale Spark applications & data pipelines.
- Expertise with platform engineering.
- Experience in architecture and development of data models and data dictionaries in big data systems.
- Extensive knowledge with Hadoop stack and storage technologies, including HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, HBASE, HIVE, Sqoop, Impala, Spark and Oozie.
- Experiences in manipulating large datasets using data partitions and transformation, and in-memory computations (large-scale join / groupby / aggregations).
- Strong knowledge in NOSQL technologies (MongoDB, Cassnadra, Hbase etc), and/or object storage services from AWS or Azure, or open source object storage solutions (CEPH, Openstack Swift).
- Relevant experience with ANSI SQL using relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, or others).
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Michael O'Brien ([email protected]) from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line.
Next Generation are specialists in Data Science, Digital Marketing, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain & Operations.
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation emphatically stresses, that as an organisation, will not forward your CV or any other personal details to any 3rd parties without your full prior approval.