+353 1 96 09 796
8 days ago
My client, an exciting tech organisation, are looking to bring on a Database Administrator to join their team due to significant growth.
You will be responsible for the daily support of the design and administration of critical systems that are used to support the Production, Disaster Recovery and Test Environments. In addition to this you will be creating and maintaining scripts and documentation for all aspects of database administration, including core design, implementation, and disaster recovery among many more.
I am looking for someone who is a self-motivated team player who has a strong Database Administration background.
What will you be doing in the role:
- You will be providing hands-on support for large databases such as availability monitoring, security, general database maintenance, backup and recovery and many more.
- You will be collaborating with business and software teams to create, streamline and automate support processes.
- You will be responsible for maintaining documentation related to database administration.
- You will work on Disaster Recovery options for Microsoft SQL Server.
What do you need to do the job?
- You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a database administration or development role.
- You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server database administration.
- You will have excellent experience working with multiple clustered SQL server databases.
- You will have a strong knowledge of Disaster Recovery options for Microsoft SQL Server.
- You will have excellent database troubleshooting skills and experience resolving database issues.
- You will have experience with using T-SQL to write complex queries and procedures.
- You will have good experience with developing and deploying SSIS packages.
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Alan Harper from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement and Operations.
Please note that all applications are treated with strict confidence Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.