19 days ago
Provision of engineer to support annual break/fix contract.
Supporting 4no. customer site/s: Dublin x2 / Cork x1 and Galway x1 - under 24hr SLA (site based) and 48hr (non-site based).
Expectation: normal business hour/s – Monday to Friday - 8am to 4pm
· Current contract service / potential duration – 2yrs.
Engineer Job Description:
· Minimum 3 years hands on experience, within the structured cabling industry.
· Good understanding of Structured Cabling Solutions, terminating & testing and undertaking MAC’s on live systems.
· Knowledge of Systimax 110 & Krone style voice frame/s and backbone.
· Experienced in the use of Fluke test equipment and fault diagnosis.
· Experience in patching and moves and changes, and fault requests.
· Health & Safety Training (CSCS) which is affiliated to the Construction Industry Training Board.
· At least 3 manufacturer’s installation accreditations i.e. Corning, Reichle and De Massari or other leading brand.
· Have completed or booked on an Industry recognised Structured Training Course, i.e. CNET CNIT, BICSI Engineer, BICSI Technician.
· Self-motivated and competent communicator.
· Competent in the use of a laptop and MS Excel.
· Own transport essential. For travel between 4no. customer sites.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Undertake and manage client communication/s for telephony fault and patching requests.
· Managing a SNow (Service Now) fault ticket queue (via customer supplied laptop) for 4no. RoI site/s – SNow training provided (plus day2day remote support and guidance available).
· Submission of weekly statistic/s reports via Excel spread sheet – Specific task training provided.
· Fault diagnosis & resolution and/or, replacement of telephony & conference handset/s – using site-retained customer stock.
· Patching of voice & data circuits – using site-retained customer stock.
· Stock management (customer supplied patch lead & handset stock) – keep a running / MS Excel record of stock level/s. Send & receive stock from base site.
· MAC support – under Computacenter & customer instruction.
· Adhoc LAN room spot check/s – under Computacenter guidance.
· All works guided and supported under me and my team (and the customer) – the successful candidate will be integrated into a larger UK based team but, will have to work under their own initiative.