019 60 97 84
15 days ago
Windows/Domain Services Resource
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Windows/Domain Services Resource to join one of our client’s operations. The company is providing high quality managed services nationwide for enterprise organizations in software and hardware solutions.
In the role you will be doing:
- Provide guidance to other members of the team as required
- Required to communicate with customer, stakeholders and senior management
- Lead the delivery of significant projects or tasks within or external to the server support team
- Selection and procurement of server hardware systems
- Configuration & installation of operating system images
- Capacity Management of server virtualisation infrastructure
- Management and maintenance of directory services
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis of server performance issues
- Patching, upgrading and performance tuning of operating system software
- Assisting in auditing and necessary reporting, as required
- Responding to and fixing calls escalated within OLA / SLA
- Creation and maintenance of documentation, as required
- Assisting in the Recruitment & Interviewing process, as required
For the role you will need:
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of Windows Server (2008 R2, 2012 R2 2016)
- Proven ability to build and maintain OS Images.
- Proven ability in provisioning virtual servers in a virtualised environment plus physical servers when necessary,
- Excellent understanding or knowledge of Active Directory 2008 R2
- Excellent understanding of various domain services including WINS, DNS and DHCP)
- Excellent understanding of ADFS
- Good understanding of Azure, AAD and SSO configurations
- Good understanding and knowledge of File Hosting Services
- Good understanding or knowledge of VMware (ESXi 6.5)
- Good knowledge of Scripting, preferably PowerShell
- Solid experience of troubleshooting in all of the above environments
- Experience of Server Performance Monitoring and troubleshooting
- In-depth knowledge of Infrastructure Hardware and Software Technologies
- Excellent knowledge of Infrastructure Hardware and Software roadmaps and best practices
- Strong interest or understanding of the Infrastructure market trends and developments.
- Experience of working with vRealize (VRA and VRO).
- Strong interest or understanding of Automation and associated technologies
- IP Switching & Routing
- Enterprise Server Alerting & Monitoring - Microsoft SCOM
- Enterprise Data Storage, Archiving & Backup
- Infrastructure Solutions Architecture
- Recognised third level computing qualification or equivalent
- Microsoft, VMware, Redhat Enterprise Linux or other relevant IT Industry accreditations
- Strong stakeholder management, decision making and communication skills
- Strong interest and a good understanding of Cloud platforms, particularly Misrosoft’s Azure
- Proven ability to be able to work on own initiative
The company will provide you with:
- Competitive salary
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Zsofia Nemeth from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement and Operations.
Please note that all applications are treated with strict confidence Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.