about 1 month ago
Reporting directly to the Associate Director for Process Automation, you, as the Automation Engineer, play a vital role in our dynamic Projects team based in Ireland. Your primary responsibility is to ensure the technical design of the DeltaV DCS and vendor packaged equipment automation systems is reliable and robust, aligning with business and process requirements. Integration with other systems, such as MES and the Data Historian, is crucial for project success.
- Collaborate with and support Automation Technical Leads in creating, reviewing, and approving project deliverables, encompassing design documents, configuration build, FAT, installation, commissioning, and validation activities.
- Contribute to the technical delivery of Automation systems, covering the site DCS, DeltaV, various OEM supplied control systems, and their seamless integration with site MES and Data Historian systems.
- Foster regular communication and collaboration with multi-functional stakeholders within the project team, including system vendors.
- Actively participate in developing and implementing the site's Automation strategy, focusing on lifecycle support and optimization of automation systems.
- Contribute to the formulation of site procedures for the administration and maintenance of all systems.
- Engage in ongoing improvement initiatives, aligning with Operations excellence goals.
- Ensure all design and project work complies with regulatory requirements.
- Proven problem-solving skills with a dedicated focus on achieving overall project goals.
- Successful track record of thriving in a team environment, with flexibility to adapt to changing business needs.
Required Qualification(s) and Desired Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or the Life Sciences.
- Experience in providing process control and information systems solutions and support to manufacturing organizations in the Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical industries.
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Nuira Esmau at Next Generation Recruitment via the Apply button.
Next Generation are specialists in recruiting for roles in Data Science, Digital, Engineering & Life Sciences, IT, Supply Chain & Operation, Engineering and Procurement.
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.