10 days ago
Food Safety and Quality Manager - Co. Mayo
My client, an Irish-owned food processing company based in Co. Mayo, is looking for a Food Safety and Quality Manager who will be responsible for food safety, quality and legal compliance for food processing on site.
This is a permanent (full-time) job based in Co. Mayo.
You will be responsible for ensuring quality management systems are maintained and that BRC accreditation is upheld. You will lead customer audits and all third-party visits and you will manage and lead one QC Officer and the Hygiene team.
What will you do in this job?
- You will manage and develop the quality management systems and the internal audit programme efficiently and cost effectively.
- You will develop the HACCP and TACCP plans and update them annually to reflect changes and amendments to procedures and processes.
- You will manage the site technical budget including laboratory sampling and garment cleaning to deliver an appropriate and effective programme.
- You will manage and lead the Quality Control Officer and the Hygiene Team, ensuring all are trained appropriately and performing to a high standard.
- You will complete customer specifications with regard to new and existing products.
- You will manage the complaints programme, through the identification of critical areas for improvement and complaints analysis.
- You will manage the non-conformance monitoring system which records non-compliance of products and packaging.
- You will create internal training programs and provide annual training for all staff on food safety and quality.
What do you need to be successful in this job?
- You hold a 3rd level qualification in Food Science or related discipline.
- You have a 2-3 years of experience in a similar role in the food manufacturing industry.
- You have experience in maintaining quality management systems and in coordinating BRC and customer audits.
The Next Step for you:
Interested in this role? Please send your CV to SIMONA MORELLI at Next Generation Recruitment by clicking on the Apply button!
Next Generation specialise in Life Science, Engineering, Supply Chain & Operations, Data Science, Digital Marketing, and IT.