about 1 year ago
Quality Manager- Cavan
My client, a leading food manufacturing company based in Co. Cavan, is looking for a Quality Manager who will join a well established food manufacturing company.
This is a permanent (full-time) job based in Co. Cavan.
You will be reporting into the Technical Manager and you will support the Company strategy by implementing an effective and appropriate quality strategy to minimize customer complaints & defects, optimize plant performance, prevent loss and wastage, and improve procedural compliance.
What will you do in this job?
- You will lead and drive the developments needed for implementation and maintenance of the Food Safety Management System in line with the requirements of the BRC Global Standard food and customer requirements. Ensure accreditation to BRC, organic trust and other standards and certifying bodies is maintained.
- You will ensure QMS, food safety, due diligence systems are in control at all times.
- You will work with Production to ensure that all products and processes are safe and in compliance with specifications, statutory obligations and best industry practice.
- You will be the leader of the of Quality team to include training, recruitment and adherence to company procedures to ensure the production of safe quality food.
- You will manage the Internal Audit system to ensure internal quality system audits are carried out and corrective actions assigned and implemented.
- You will be responsible for customer liaison including coordination of response to complaints, audit corrective actions and regular review of progress internally.
- You will work with supplier technical representatives to minimize incoming quality problems that lead to customer dissatisfaction
What do you need to be successful in this job?
- You hold a degree in a Food Science/Food Technology/Engineering/Quality or equivalent Science related discipline.
- You have 3+ years of technical experience with a strong Food manufacturing background.
- You have management experience in a FMCG company, together with good communication.
- A proven track record of designing, development and implementation of a QMS to a recognized accreditation standard.
- If you have experience in a continuous improvement environment 6 Sigma or a lean manufacturing that would be an advantage!
The Next Step for you:
Interested in this role? Please send your CV to Kate Curran at Next Generation Recruitment by clicking on the Apply button!
Next Generation specialise in Life Science, Engineering, Supply Chain & Operations, Data Science, Digital Marketing, and IT.