19 days ago
Job Title: Senior Procurement Specialist- Dry Ingredients and Energy
Our client is a leading player in the FMCG industry, dedicated to delivering high-quality and innovative FMCG products to consumers worldwide. They are committed to sustainability, excellence, and continuous growth. They are currently seeking a dynamic and experienced Procurement Manager for Dry Ingredients and Energy to join our team in the Midlands.
Job Summary: As the Procurement Specialist for Dry Ingredients and Energy, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the consistent supply of essential ingredients and energy sources for the production operations. You will be responsible for managing supplier relationships, negotiating contracts, optimizing costs, and ensuring the highest quality standards. This position is ideal for an individual with a strong background in procurement within the Agri industry.
Candidates must be flexible to travel once or twice per month within Europe and good hybrid working options are available.
- Supplier Management: Identify, evaluate, and manage suppliers of dry ingredients (e.g., flour, spices, grains) and energy sources (e.g., electricity, gas) to ensure a stable and reliable supply chain.
- Negotiation: Negotiate contracts and agreements with suppliers to secure favorable terms, pricing, and service level agreements while maintaining quality standards.
- Cost Optimization: Develop and implement cost-saving strategies and initiatives to improve efficiency and reduce procurement costs without compromising quality.
- Quality Assurance: Collaborate with quality control and assurance teams to ensure that all procured ingredients meet our stringent quality and safety standards.
- Market Analysis: Stay informed about market trends, price fluctuations, and regulatory changes that could impact procurement decisions. Provide regular market analysis reports to senior management.
- Risk Management: Identify potential supply chain risks and develop contingency plans to mitigate disruptions in the procurement process.
- Reporting: Generate regular reports and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure procurement performance and provide insights to senior management.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, business, or a related field (Master's degree preferred)
- Proven experience in procurement, specifically in the food industry with a focus on dry ingredients and energy sourcing
- Strong negotiation, contract management, and analytical skills
- Familiarity with industry-specific regulations and quality standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in procurement software and tools
- Strong project management and organizational abilities
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Kate Curran at Next Generation Recruitment via the Apply button.
Next Generation are specialists in recruiting for roles in Data Science, Digital, Engineering & Life Sciences, IT, Supply Chain & Operation, Engineering and Procurement.
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.