Naas, KD, Ireland
353 (0)1 960 9773
3 months ago
Could this EHS Graduate role be your first dream job? Are you a recent Environmental Health & Safety graduate looking to start your career with a fantastic company with lots of opportunities? Then keep reading!
This is a one-of-a-kind experience in a growing Irish company
Their team is growing and they need someone like you to join them and grow/motivate their teams.
This is a permanent full-time job based in Kildare.
What will you do in this job?
- Assist in the promotion of a strong health and safety culture within the workplace
- Audit and Compliance – support safety inspections on a regular basis, prepare reports, assist in the implementation of corrective and preventative measures, and liaise with key department representatives to facilitate close out on items highlighted. Assist the EHS Manager in preparing for external compliance audits.
- Support the scheduling of new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time. Support the development and distribution of health and safety communications, such as toolbox talks and safety alerts to proactively strive for continual improvement.
- Assist in managing arrangements for emergency preparedness across the site in relation to areas including fire safety, chemical safety, and work-related vehicles.
- Support the engineering department in overseeing the Contractor Management Programme for the site. Assist in delivering training on contractor requirements to all contractor managers, update contractor information and audit approved contractors and their activities. Review relevant safety documentation to ensure compliance with site and legal requirements.
- Assist in the creation of daily safety management statistics for the senior management team to highlight opportunities for improvement and current trends.
- Support the co-ordination of the environmental safety and sustainability procedures on site to ensure compliance with legal and best practice requirements. Update environmental metrics and liaise with EHS Manager on a weekly basis to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and development.
What do you need to be successful in this job?
- A relevant Degree Qualification is required
- Preferably college work placement experience in the area of health and safety
- Good communication skills to explain safety procedures and regulations.
- Proficient in computer applications and MS Office
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Excellent administrative and literacy skills for compiling and producing reports
- Good attention to detail
- Firmness and the ability to consult with departmental mangers to enforce the law where necessary.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary with incentives/bonus.
And… much more!
The Next Step for you:
Interested in this role? Please send your CV to GILLIAN DUNPHY at Next Generation Recruitment by clicking on the Apply button!
Not ready to apply just yet? Meet with our recruiters here or get some inspiration to update your CV there.
Next Generation specialise in Life Science, Engineering, Supply Chain & Operations, Data Science, Digital Marketing, and IT.
Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.