Longford, LD, Ireland
0164 985 37
5 months ago
Are you a Food Scientist with 2+ years of experience in the food manufacturing industry looking to take the next big step in your career and join a leading Irish owned food manufacturing company based in Co. Longford? Then look no further, this is the job for you!
You will assist the Technical Manager in the management of the day-to-day technical processes to ensure products are produced to the required standard, customer and legal requirements are met and you will assist in the management of the technical department and associated staff where required.
This is a permanent (full-time) job based in Co. Longford
What will you do in this job?
- You will be responsible for understanding of the regulatory, BRC, TFMS,MPQAS and other customer standards, how these standards are implemented on site and participate in the monitoring and implementation of these standards.
- You will achieve an understanding of customer product specifications and ensuring these are complied with.
- You will participate in the investigation, analysis and response to customer complaints as and when they arise, liaising with sales, commercial and production teams as required ensuring effective CAPA.
- You will understand and assist in the management of the site's traceability program, ensuring that customer traceability requests are responded to adequately and within appropriate timeframe.
- You will understand, trend and report on customer KPIs and identify and participate in corrective action programmes to maintain customer KPIs as required levels.
- You will assist in the management and instruction of the Technical and QC team as appropriate.
- You will contribute to continuous improvement projects.
What do you need to be successful in this job?
- You are degree qualified in Food Science or related discipline.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a Quality or Technical role in the food manufacturing industry.
- You have a strong knowledge of HACCP principles and relevant food legislation.
- You have previous experience in a BRC accredited facility and you have previous experience with customer audits.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary.
- Plenty of opportunities for hands-on experience and career progression!
The Next Step for you:
Interested in this role? Please send your CV to SIMONA MORELLI at Next Generation Recruitment by clicking on the Apply button!
Next Generation specialise in Life Science, Engineering, Supply Chain & Operations, Data Science, Digital Marketing, and IT.