0164 985 37
4 months ago
Are you a Food Scientist with 1+ years of experience in a quality or technical role in the FMCG industry or food retail environment ready to join a leading company in the food manufacturing industry based in Co. Kildare? Then look no further, this is the job for you!
You will report into the Quality Manager and you will participate in the development and maintenance of the Quality and Food Safety systems to customer, third party standards, and ensuring adherence to relevant legislation.
This is a permanent (full-time) job Mon-Fri 8:30 am to 5 pm based in Co. Kildare.
What will you do in this job?
- You will maintain the supplier management process with detailed specification, risk assessment audit and approval records for all raw material, packaging or miscellaneous suppliers.
- You will review and evaluate suppliers to give feedback on performance and quality on a frequency that reflects their risk, size and complexity.
- You will implement and maintain detailed specifications and quality standards for all finished products.
- You will manage queries or complaints from customers in a timely manner, involving the wider Technical and production teams where needed.
- You will be a key member of the HACCP team, challenging processes food safety systems and maintaining and reviewing the plan as required.
- You will participate in external audits for food safety and quality audits for customers, governing bodies and other regulatory authorities.
- You will ensure raw material, process and finished product evaluation and verification is completed as required within production.
- You will implement microbiological, chemical and physical testing schedules in accordance with agreed programme and budget.
- You will champion the training and development of staff in the areas of food safety or quality including inducti9on, hygiene & cleaning, basic food hygiene, HACCP, Allergen Awareness, Taste Panel trainings.
What do you need to be successful in this job?
- You are degree qualified in Food Science or related discipline.
- You have 1+ years of experience in a similar role in the FMCG or food retail environment.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary.
- Plenty of opportunities for hands-on experience and career progression!
The Next Step for you:
Interested in this role? Please send your CV to SIMONA MORELLI at Next Generation Recruitment by clicking on the Apply button!
Next Generation specialise in Life Science, Engineering, Supply Chain & Operations, Data Science, Digital Marketing, and IT.