Kiltale, Marshall Islands, Ireland
0164 985 37
18 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has just come up for a Food scientist with 1-2 years of experience in the food manufacturing industry. My client, a leading Irish food producer based in Co. Meath, is looking for a Quality Assistant who will report into the Technical Manager and will be responsible to maintain HACCP procedures and Quality control on a daily basis.
This is a permanent (full-time) job based in Co. Meath.
What will you do in this job?
- You will carry out product inspections on all incoming product and ensure all produce meets the required specification.
- You will communicate product quality with suppliers and site management.
- You will be monitoring and reporting quality standards to site management daily (raw material stock and pre-pack stock).
- You will maintain full traceability of stock from intake to dispatch and you will ensure that stock rotation is maintained (First in-First out).
- You will be sorting raw material and verifying final product stock prior to customer dispatch.
- You will complete calibration control and temperature control checks as per company SOP and report any deviations.
- You will carry out daily weight control checks; hygiene/GMP audits; recording of shelf-life inspections.
- You will be ensuring HAACP and BRC principles are continuously met for product safety and process control.
What do you need to be successful in this job?
- You are degree qualified in Food Science or related discipline.
- You have 1-2 years of experience in the food manufacturing industry.
- If you happen to have experience with food safety audits that would be amazing but it is not a deal breaker if you don't!
The Next Step for you:
Interested in this role? Please send your CV to SIMONA MORELLI at Next Generation Recruitment by clicking on the Apply button!
Next Generation specialise in Life Science, Engineering, Supply Chain & Operations, Data Science, Digital Marketing, and IT.