€100k - 110k per year
8 months ago
Associate Director IT
My client, a large multinational biopharmaceutical company based in Dublin are looking to hire an Associate Director IT, External Operations to be a member of the IT Operations Leadership team responsible for leading all aspects related to the development, implementation and support of IT systems used by the External Operations organization and the management of the IT External Operations team.
- Direct the selection, implementation and support of IT systems where the Business Owner is the External Operations organization, including life cycle management of the systems.
- Lead, direct and oversee the IT External Operations team (including staffing, budgeting, and other relevant management and administrative functions).
- Build and maintain relationships with other IT leaders and External Operations business management to develop a clear understanding of IT related business needs and corresponding delivery of IT services to meet those needs for the organization.
- Identify, prioritize and execute enhancements to existing systems and propose new systems in line with on overall strategic roadmap.
- Identify, mentor, develop and retain high performing information technology professionals.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business.
- At least 10 years of technology experience with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- Extensive experience managing IT Operations initiatives including large external service provider partnerships within Pharmaceutical/Biotech environment.
- Proven ability to manage and execute IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments.
- Demonstrated experience in leading IT implementations to support pharmaceutical drug launches for a manufacturing operations/supply chain organizations.
What You Need to Have:
- Adaptive leadership style that promotes and fosters innovation; cross-site and cross-functional collaboration; and commitment to an IT and company vision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders
- Manufacturing operations and supply chain business acumen.
- Experience building consensus across the IT and Business teams.
- Proven track record for on-time, on-budget delivery over a portfolio of projects.
- Understanding of current and emerging digital capabilities for manufacturing operations and supply chain organizations, as well as how other entities are deploying these capabilities.
- Strong vendor management and partner relationship skills to identify and leverage both internal/external resources to enhance capabilities that support manufacturing operations business objectives.
- Experience with full software development life cycle in regulated environment (FDA, GxP, HIPAA, SOX, GDPR and other data privacy, computer system validation, a plus).
The Next Step for you:
- Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Michael O'Brien ([email protected]) from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
- Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement and Operations.
- Please note that all applications are treated with strict confidence Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
- Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.