€50k - 60k per year
almost 2 years ago
Back End Java Developer
My client are looking to hire an experienced Back End Java Developer with a deep Data Analysis background to join their fast paced and talented development team in Maynooth.
- Contribute to OO design and program in Java and Spring Boot in a Microservice focused environment.
- Design and develop database entities and attributes.
- Write SQL to analyse the data and suggest improvements to the database, SQL and data handling processes.
- Use a wide range of industry standard tools such a Git, BitBucket, AWS tools, and Jira to manage your code through its development lifecycle.
- Mentor other engineers and perform code reviews.
What You Need:
- 4+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Experience programming in Spring Boot, with Microservice/message broker experience a plus.
- Good understanding of Java Design Patterns and OO Design. Must be proficient in the Java language and core libraries.
- Proficiency in RDBMS concepts and SQL. Database design sensibilities are beneficial.
- High proficiency in development practices: unit testing, continuous Integration, refactoring, clean code and deployment procedures.
- Proficient Github, Bitbucket and Jira user.
- Adept at Scrum/Agile methodologies.
- Ability to interpret and troubleshoot applications using logs.
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Experience investigating and improving back end performance.
- Relevant 3rd level Computer Science qualification.
The Next Step for you:
- Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Michael O'Brien ([email protected]) from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
- Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement and Operations.
- Please note that all applications are treated with strict confidence Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
- Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.