€30000 - €40000 per annum
29 days ago
Next Generation are currently recruiting a Buyer for our client, one of Ireland's leading food producers. The company is currently undergoing a rapid phase of change and are looking for a Buyer to join the team that will be responsible for managing the purchasing requirements for the site and managing relationships with suppliers. The role is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in progressing their career in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
The role is based on site and will allow some opportunities for hybrid working.
Please note your visa must allow you to work in Ireland unrestricted to apply for this position.
- Leading weekly planning meeting, keeping the business update with upcoming activities
- Assisting in developing company ERP system
- Ensuring the appropriate control and efficient utilisation of raw materials and packaging
- Monitoring & maintaining Key Performance Indicators
- You will be expected to work across the business departments as required to keep sales and profit in line with operating plan budgets
- Forecasting future buying needs and proactively source new product and categories based on customer insight
- Liaising with packaging companies on the sourcing of product that meets promotional and seasonal activity
- Negotiating payment terms that favourably influence the cash flow of the business
- Proactively managing supplier relationships to identify areas where greater savings or business advantage could be made through supplier strategies
- Checking Invoices against Purchase orders sent to suppliers
- Managing and dealing with the Company Email Account
- Minimum of 1-3 years' experience in buying role within the food industry
- Thorough understanding of the supply chain process and product and logistical issues.
- Experience managing relationships with suppliers
- Maintain knowledge of the market by reading relevant journals and media
- Strong IT skills, specifically in Excel and PowerPoint
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Raquel Lourenco at Next Generation Recruitment via the Apply button.
Next Generation are specialists in recruiting for roles in Data Science, Digital, Engineering & Life Sciences, IT, Supply Chain & Operation, Engineering and Procurement.
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.