019 60 97 84
about 1 month ago
A fantastic opportunity has come up with an innovative engineering team working on the design and development of new features across a Dublin based world leading company’s entire product range. The corporation is at the forefront of performance monitoring and analytics for electronic financial markets and in a need of a brilliant engineer to help bring the specific technology into new markets and new deployment models.
If you want to work in a team of sharp-minded individuals, and want to solve the problems encountered when analysing the firehose of network data in real time - capturing, decoding, analysing and indexing at 40Gb/s and more – this role is perfect for you.
What you will be doing in the role:
- to understand our customers’ market position in capital markets;
- to understand how our customers’ backbone network is performing;
- to debug our customers’ application performance;
- to monitor voice over IP call quality.
You will need:
- A strong proficiency in C++ development under Linux is required;
- Third Level Computer Science or Computer Engineering Degree;
- A suitable candidate should be familiar with
- High-performance systems and multi-threaded application development;
- Automated testing (unit testing, integration testing);
- Linux-based development environments, including tools such as GDB and Valgrind;
- STL, Boost, Python, Financial trading protocols e.g. FIX, IP networking and Packet capture analysis using tools such as Wireshark experiences or knowledge are advantages.
- Have the ability to quickly understand, think through and solve problematic situations;
- Understand how to write code that can be worked on by others;
- Understand what it takes to deliver and code a high availability and high performance system;
- Are aware of the implementation details of commonly used C++ features and how to use that knowledge to help implement efficient yet maintainable code;
- Are a real team worker who is comfortable asking for help, taking advice and accepting criticism;
- Can articulate the reasoning behind decisions or trade-offs;
- Can follow existing patterns where required to do so;
- Can invent new patterns where required to do so - and justify that invention;
- Are able to solve issues seen in the field from very limited data.
The company will provide you with:
- The opportunity to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment in an exciting organisation where you will have extensive opportunity to develop your technical skillset and progress your career;
- Excellent remuneration and benefit package on offer.
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Zsofia Nemeth from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement and Operations.
Please note that all applications are treated with strict confidence Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.