+353 (1) 6629120
5 months ago
Who are we?
Oxygean is an exciting start up set to revolutionise the world of online connecting.
Our vision is to democratise the value of online data and return it to its rightful owners, the community who create the value.
We are future thinking, challenging the status quo of today.
Who are you?
As our initial Data Engineer, you will oversee the implementation, completion and delivery of our innovative data solutions. You love to thrive in a fast-paced environment and have thorough knowledge of relational and object-oriented databases, data integration tools and data warehousing solutions. You will have the autonomy and flexibility to thrive in our environment. Being flexible and able to proactively collaborate with peers in a multidisciplinary setting is key to Oxygean's success.
This hands-on technical role, primary duties will include design and implement innovative analytical solutions and work alongside the product engineering team, evaluating new features and architecture. Reporting to the Chief Data Officer, you will work closely with other team members like data architects and data scientists to understand what the business is trying to achieve, move data from source to target, and design optimal data models. You will be also responsible for building and maintaining the data platform.
- Build our enterprise data solution
- Build and scale data infrastructure that powers batch and real-time data processing
- Streamline the intake of the raw data into a Data lake.
- Develop ETL and implement best practices for ETL development
- Work effectively using scrum with multiple team members to deliver analytical solutions for our platform.
- Perform production support and deployment activities
- Exploiting industry best practices and your experience to create world class data solutions
- A minimum of a third level degree in Maths, Physics, Engineering, Computer Sciences or a related discipline
- Commercial experience in an information management role
- Experience in handling large and complex datasets using Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Data streaming, NoSQL, SQL, programming, MongoDB, MS SQL Server is essential
- Knowledge of Data Visualisation platforms
- Basic knowledge of or exposure to machine learning, data visualisation, and artificial intelligence techniques (clustering, regression, classification, etc.)
- +5 years post qualification experience.
- Excellent numerical aptitude, with evidence of applied problem solving
- Experience in applying machine learning / data mining techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Experience with ensuring appropriate project communication is occurring on an on-going basis with stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience working with offshore teams
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Experience in developing and deploying project best practices, policies, and processes
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
"Be the change that is needed"
For further enquiries please contact Mark McEvoy