+353 (1) 6629120
7 months ago
Who are we?
Oxygean is an exciting start up set to revolutionise the world of online connecting.
Our vision is to democratise the value of online data and return it to its rightful owners, the community who create the value.
We are future thinking, challenging the status quo of today.
Who are you?
An innovative, highly-motivated, and proactive data scientist, you will responsible for transforming data and generating actionable insights into our customer behaviour and measuring the performance of Oxygean's products. You love to thrive in a fast-paced environment and have thorough knowledge of applying your data models into working solutions. You will have the autonomy and flexibility to thrive in our environment. Being flexible and able to proactively collaborate with peers in a multidisciplinary setting is key to Oxygean's success.
You will work alongside the product engineering team, evaluating new features and architecture. Reporting to the Chief Data Officer, you will work closely with other team members like data architects and data engineers to understand what the business is trying to achieve, move data from source to target, and design optimal data models.
- Partner with product, engineering, marketing and other relevant stakeholders to identify, prioritize, and answer the most important questions where analytics and modelling will have a material impact.
- Drive cross functional analytic projects from beginning to end: build relationships with partner teams, frame and structure questions, collect and analyse data, summarize and present key insights in support of decision making.
- Work with engineers to evangelize data best practices and implement analytics solutions.
- Collaborate with business leaders, subject matter experts, and decision makers to develop success criteria and optimize new products, features, policies, and models.
- Communicate key results with self-serve tools (dashboards, analytics tools) for leadership and product management.
- Develop anomaly detection, and data modelling tools to monitor key performance indicators to improve the efficiency our platform.
- Design experiments for product teams to test hypothesis and help with idea generation and refinement.
- Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Economics, Math or a related technical field.
- 5+ years industry experience in data science or analytics
- A consistent track record of performing data analysis using Python, R, and/or SQL
- Experience using statistics and predictive analytics to solve complex business problems.
- The versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job.
- The ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent numerical aptitude, with evidence of applied problem solving
- Experience in applying machine learning / data mining techniques
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Experience with ensuring appropriate project communication is occurring on an on-going basis with stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience working with offshore teams
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Experience in developing and deploying project best practices, policies, and processes
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
"Be the change that is needed"
For further enquiries please contact Mark McEvoy