Excellent Daily rate on offer
over 1 year ago
A well-known established Irish organisation is seeking a Database Administrator for an 11 month contract role (with a view to permanency) in Dublin city centre. You will work in a fantastic environment with a great work culture. You will be a pro-active person who enjoys working with people with experience dealing with all levels of stakeholders. This is the opportunity for you to take the next step in your career and take ownership of the organisations databases and make key decisions in ensuring the databases operate in an efficient and effective manner. You will have ownership and autonomy in your role to manage the databases as you see fit.
What you will be doing in the role.
- You will manage the day to day operations of the organisations databases.
- You will be the link between Database users and IT.
- You will locate any potential issues with the database and have IT amend them accordingly.
- You will coordinate the upgrade of the databases.
- Migrating data from one database to the other.
- Improving the effectiveness of the database to better suit users.
- Training and coaching users on how to use the databases.
You will need:
- Strong experience with the Microsoft office suite.
- Excellent experience processing data.
- 3+ years in database management or dataset analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience dealing with all levels of stakeholders.
- Programming will not be a part of this role.
- Experience with database upgrades.
- Experience with database implementation or as a data analyst will be preferred but not essential.
The company will provide you with
The opportunity to work in a challenging environment with a great work culture where you can develop your career and skillset.
The Next Step for you:
- Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Oisin Geoghegan from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line.
- Next Generation are specialists in Data Science, Digital Marketing, Finance, Insurance & Financial Services, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain & Operations
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation emphatically stresses, that as an organisation, will not forward your CV or any other personal details to any 3rd parties without your full prior approval.