12 months ago
Our client, based in the heart of Dublin, is a leader in their industry and is looking to bring on a talented Database Administrator to join their team due to their rapid growth and progression.
We are looking for someone who has a positive and energetic attitude and has a desire to be challenged in a fast paced environment.
Your key responsibility will be supporting the design and administration of the daily operations of critical systems that are used to support the Production, Disaster Recovery and Test Environments in the organisation.
What will you be doing as the Database Administrator
- You will be providing hands-on support for large databases such as availability monitoring, security, general database maintenance, ETL, backup and recovery, documentation as well as configuration
- You will be configuring secure database access, managing access permission, perform database restores and execute failovers
- You will be performing capacity planning for critical database restores, planning system expansions and adjusting the architecture for future development
- You will be working closely with the Senior DBA team to develop, implement and maintain standard SaaS operating procedures
What do you need to do the job?
- You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working with any core infrastructure or web technologies
- You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration
- You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience on a Database Administration Team supporting Mission Critical production systems
- You will have experience with using T-SQL to write complex queries and procedures
- You will hold a Bachelor’s degree in a technical or analytical discipline
What is in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- An excellent supporting package
- An opportunity to grow and develop within the business and have wide exposures to market processes
- An opportunity to work alongside some of the leaders in the industry in an ever growing company
- Onsite training and continuous development
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Trevor Rice from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement and Operations.
Please note that all applications are treated with strict confidence Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.