17 days ago
Our client, a leading investments organisation, is looking to bring on an experienced Database Administrator to join their team due to their rapid growth and progression.
You will be responsible for supporting the design and administration of the daily operations of critical systems that are used to support the Production, Disaster Recovery and Test Environments. In addition to this you will be creating and maintaining scripts and documentation for all aspects of database administration, including core design, implementation, data scrubbing, encryption, disaster recovery, and general architecture summaries.
We are looking for someone who is a self-motivated team player who is results driven and has a hand on well-rounded approach for Database Administration. Someone with a positive and energetic attitude who has a desire to be challenged in a fast paced environment.
What will you be doing as the Database Administrator
- You will be providing hands-on support for large databases such as availability monitoring, security, general database maintenance, ETL, backup and recovery, documentation as well as configuration
- You will be configuring secure database access, managing access permission, perform database restores and execute failovers
- You will be performing capacity planning for critical database restores, planning system expansions and adjusting the architecture for future development
- You will be working closely with the senior DBA team to develop, implement and maintain standard SaaS operating procedures
- You will be collaborating with business and software teams to create, streamline and automate support processes
What do you need to do the job?
- You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working with any core infrastructure or web technologies such as web servers, databases, storage systems, etc.
- You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server database administration
- You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience on a database administration team supporting mission critical production systems
- You will be proficient with 1 or more common scripting languages
- You will have experience with using T-SQL to write complex queries and procedures
- You will hold a Bachelor’s degree in a technical or analytical discipline
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Trevor Rice from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
Next Generation are specialists in recruiting for roles in Data Science, Digital, Engineering & Life Sciences, IT, Supply Chain & Operation & Procurement.
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.