almost 2 years ago
The purpose of this role is to ensure the company procedures and policies are in compliance with the best environmental standards and relevant legislation and the employees are aware of the environmental procedures required.
- Promote the development of a strong environmental culture targeting "zero environmental impact" by planning, organising and delivering training to all employees on site
- Maintain the environmental documentation up to date and gather / report data for environmental reports
- Ensure waste is managed in accordance with standard operating procedures & environmental management systems
- Conduct environmental audits and review processes, techniques and equipment to determine how emissions may be reduced and compliance with environmental standards.
- Ensure compliance of the Industrial Emissions Licence (IPPC licence)
- Liaise with EPA as required
- Assist in the attainment of the Company's recycling targets
- Carry out sampling & analysis of waste treatment plant
- Conduct relevant on-site environmental testing procedures to ensure site complies with licence parameters e.g. BOD, suspended solids, pH on wastewater & storm water
- Communicate and liaise with manufacturing teams to ensure that all groups are aware of the environmental standards and procedures required
- Implement and maintain environmental projects
- Third Level Degree in Environmental Sciences or related subject
- Previous experience (6-8 months) in an Environmental role is an advantage
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to handle multiple tasks/priorities
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with people at all levels
The next step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Renata Kormann from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120. Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement & Operations. Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent. All our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.