€25k - 30k per year
about 1 year ago
Graduate Buyer in Athlone
Are you a business graduate with an interested in procurement who is ready to embark on an exciting opportunity with a global leading company in the medical device industry? If so, this is the right role for you! You would be supporting the Global Commodity Management function in Global Procurement in managing supplier data, as it relates to compliance, regulatory and financial governance reporting. This means that you would be supporting individual Commodity Managers in key supplier management activities of cost, service and risk.
- Working on a daily basis with key vendors
- Working with the extended procurement team on capturing data for submission on supplier labour standards
- Supporting Commodity Managers on data in planning for key supplier negotiations
- Supporting Commodity Managers in preparation for vendor meetings and presentations
- Researching potential vendors and compare products, prices and service
- Supporting new supplier identification, selection and set up
- Raising Purchase Orders for raw materials, capital, indirect, services and ancillary items
- Expediting Purchase Orders where required
- Degree qualified in Business, Purchasing or Supply Chain Management
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Highly competent in Microsoft packages - Excel and PowerPoint
- Some project management experience
- Strong skill set to manage relationships
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and work additional hours if required
- Strong customer service orientation
- Able to work and deliver multiple priorities
The next step for you:? ?
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to? Simona Morelli? from? Next Generation Recruitment ?or alternatively call on the main line on??+ 353 1 6629120?. Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement & Operations. Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent. All our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website. ?