17 days ago
Job Title: Health and Safety Coordinator
Job Type: Full-time
Our client are an established food operation currently going through a rapid phase of growth. The are now seeking a Health and Safety Coordinator to manage all of the Health and Safety requirements across the site. The successful candidate will work closely with management and employees to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety regulations and to promote a safe and healthy work environment. The Health and Safety Coordinator will also be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining policies, procedures, and training programs related to occupational health and safety.
* Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and training programs related to occupational health and safety.
* Conduct workplace inspections and audits to identify potential hazards and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
* Provide training to employees on safe work practices and procedures, and ensure that training is up to date and relevant.
* Investigate and report on workplace incidents, accidents, and injuries, and make recommendations for corrective action.
* Work with management to develop and implement emergency response plans and procedures.
* Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all health and safety-related incidents, accidents, and injuries.
* Monitor and review health and safety legislation and regulations and make recommendations for changes to policies and procedures as required.
* Liaise with external health and safety organizations and regulatory bodies as required.
* Promote a culture of safety and encourage employee participation in health and safety initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety or a related field is desired.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role ideally within a Food manufacturing environment.
* Knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation, regulations, and best practices.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office and other relevant software applications.
* Valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle.
* Certification in occupational health and safety (e.g., NEBOSH, OSHA) is an asset.
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in this position, please submit your resume to k We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.