€35k per year
5 months ago
Health & Safety Officer
Next Generation is recruiting a Health & Safety professional for a leading FMCG company based in Kildare.
- Conduct individual business safety inspections on a regular basis, prepare reports, implement corrective and preventative measures and liaise with key departments to facilitate close out on items highlighted.
- Identify safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time.
- Develop and distribute health and safety communications, such as tool box talks and safety alerts to proactively strive for continual improvement.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay.
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement.
- Oversee the Contractor Management Programme for the site; deliver training on contractor requirements to all contractor managers, update and audit approved contractors and their activities, review relevant safety documentation to ensure compliance with site and legal requirements.
- Prepare weekly management reports for the senior management teams to highlight statistics and trends.
- Promote a strong health and safety culture within the workplace through a robust near miss and hazard reporting system. Manage and monitor reporting system with continual involvement and communication with senior management team.
- Conduct regular meetings with senior management team to ensure open communication at all times and to drive close out of corrective actions.
- Third level Degree preferably in Health & Safety
- 1-2 years' experience in a similar role in a manufacturing company
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented
The next step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Renata Kormann from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line.
Next Generation are specialists in Data Science, Digital Marketing, Finance, Insurance & Financial Services, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain & Operations. Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation emphatically stresses, that as an organisation, will not forward your CV or any other personal details to any 3rd parties without your full prior approval.