11 months ago
Health and Safety Supervisor
You will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing operation for this successful food business based in Waterford.
- Manage the audit programme on the site, conduct individual business safety inspections on a regular basis, prepare reports, implement corrective and preventative measures and liaise with key departments to facilitate close out on items highlighted.
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time. Develop and distribute health and safety communications, such as tool box talks and safety alerts to proactively strive for continual improvement.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay.
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement.
- Oversee the Contractor Management Programme for the site; deliver training on contractor requirements to all contractor managers, update and audit approved contractors and their activities, review relevant safety documentation to ensure compliance with site and legal requirements.
- Prepare weekly management reports for the senior management teams to highlight statistics and trends.
- Promote a strong health and safety culture within the workplace through a robust near miss and hazard reporting system. Manage and monitor reporting system with continual involvement and communication with senior management team.
- Conduct regular meetings with senior management team to ensure open communication at all times and to drive close out of corrective actions.
- Preferably 2-3 years’ experience in manufacturing environment
- Health and Safety Honours Degree
- Manual Handling Instructor
- Train the Trainer
- Occupational First Aider
SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES:
- Good communication skills to explain safety procedures and regulations clearly and concisely to people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Excellent communications skills for compiling and producing reports
- Good attention to detail
- Firmness and the ability to consult with departmental mangers to enforce the law where necessary.