€450 per day
9 months ago
IT Project Manager
My client, an insurance provider based here in Dublin are looking to hire an IT Project Manager on a 6 month initial contract. The successful candidate will be accountable for ensuring ownership, coordination, visibility, associated budget control and timely delivery of prioritised business change and will provide project leadership in order to implement initiatives into an operational status following established release, change, and quality management principles.
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders.
- Create a team culture of openness, transparency and interdependence.
- Participate, lead, coach and motivate a high performing team.
- Manage vendors and vendor contracts to achieve deliverables and maintain a positive working relationship.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Define project scope and required business outcomes including defined deliverables, key interdependencies and resourcing requirements.
- Write business cases for review and sign-off before project initiation.
- Produce and actively manage the relevant project artefacts as per the PMO framework and methodology.
- Projects are to be delivered in a manner that conforms to relevant standards and guidelines (i.e. regulatory, architectural frameworks etc.).
- Deliver projects that may span a number of areas including: application and infrastructure solutions, business optimisation projects, strategic implementation projects, operational projects and tactical projects.
- Manage and drive all aspects of a project from initiation through to operational support within timeframe and budget expectations including business readiness.
- Provide a single point of accountability as the principal interface for all matters affecting the project and its progress.
- Develop project budgets, monitor and report progress against these to the PMO Manager.
- Actively manage the project against milestones and manage any change to the project scope, giving consideration to business outcomes.
- Provide impact assessments for changes to timings and scope within the project and ensure that change requests are managed according to defined processes and standards.
What You Need:
- Strong sense of urgency, being able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise where necessary.
- Ability to maintain control, professionalism and momentum in stressful situations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships and connections within the team, the business and external vendors and across the organization.
- Successful experience in change management in a large or complex organisation with particular emphasis on delivering enterprise software implementation projects in conjunction with Infrastructure delivery.
- Sound knowledge of risk management principles and practices and ways of mitigating those risks to an acceptable level.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and provide a strategic perspective.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills including the ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence with key stakeholders.
- Ability to develop strong relationship with client stakeholders of all levels
- Proactive "can do" attitude with excellent interpersonal skills, making naturally good first impressions
The Next Step for you:
- Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Michael O'Brien from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line.
- Next Generation are specialists in Data Science, Digital Marketing, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain & Operations.
- Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation emphatically stresses, that as an organisation, will not forward your CV or any other personal details to any 3rd parties without your full prior approval.