about 2 years ago
A well established and exciting Irish organisation is currently seeking a Linux/Unix Server Support engineer for a permanent position in Dublin city centre. If you are looking for a role where you will be challenged on a daily basis and continuously learn within a great team and excellent work culture then this is the job for you.
What you will be doing in the role:
- Supporting the Linux environment.
- Installing and configuring RHeL systems.
- Managing VMWare server virtualisation infrastructure.
- Administrating and monitoring IBM PowerShell hardware.
- Patching and upgrading.
- Migrating servers to new infrastructure.
What you will need:
- 5+ years Linux experience.
- Redhat satellite server experience.
- 3+ years VMWare experience.
- AIX experience is a benefit.
- Proven experience of troubleshooting in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience with Linux/Unix networking routing technologies.
- The ability to work in a team and perform under pressure.
- Scripting experience is an advantage: PowerShell, Perl, Python.
- Knowledge of Hadoop.
What the organisation will offer you:
The organisation will offer you extensive training that will provide you with the tools you need to be successful in your role and for career progression and the development of your technical skill set.
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Oisín Geoghegan from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call on the main line on +353 1 6629120.
Next Generation are specialists in recruiting for roles in Data Science, Digital, Engineering & Life Sciences, IT, Supply Chain & Operation & Procurement.
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.