25 days ago
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: Cork, Ireland
Our client, a multinational food manufacturing company is a leading producer of high-quality food products. They are committed to delivering safe, delicious, and nutritious food to customers while maintaining the highest standards of quality, efficiency, and sustainability. They now require a highly skilled and experienced Maintenance Manager to join the team.
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for managing the maintenance and repair activities of the food manufacturing site in Cork. The successful candidate will oversee a team of maintenance technicians and will work closely with other departments to ensure that all equipment and machinery is running smoothly and efficiently. This role will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with all health and safety regulations.
- Manage and supervise the maintenance team, including hiring, training, and scheduling of employees.
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs for all equipment and machinery.
- Respond to emergency breakdowns, troubleshoot issues, and coordinate repairs with external vendors as needed.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, equipment downtime, and repair costs.
- Monitor and manage the budget for maintenance and repair activities.
- Collaborate with production, quality, and engineering teams to ensure that all equipment is running efficiently and safely.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and company policies.
- Evaluate and recommend new equipment and machinery for purchase.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in maintenance management in a food manufacturing environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Excellent leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of health and safety regulations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular business hours as needed.
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Kate Curran at Next Generation Recruitment via the Apply button.
Next Generation are specialists in recruiting for roles in Data Science, Digital, Engineering & Life Sciences, IT, Supply Chain & Operation, Engineering and Procurement.
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.