about 1 year ago
Next Generation are currently recruiting a self-motivated New Product Development Technologist for a leading food manufacturing facility based in Watergrasshill, Co. Cork.
We are seeking someone who's main focus will be to develop products from initiation to first production, including bench work, taste paneling, carrying out trials, finished product specifications and team training for first production. The successful candidate will have the ability to work on their own initiative and be a keen learner.
This role offers excellent opportunities to progress your career within an upskilled environment with full support and training. This is a full- time permanent position based in Drogheda (Monday-Friday).
What are the key responsibilities?
- Assisting with the launch of new products, ensuring all new products comply with food and safety quality standards
- Responsible for ensuring all new product launches are up to date
- Working as part of the NPD Team to facilitate handover of new product launches to the quality and production teams
- Support Supply Chain to coordinate ingredient, packaging sourcing and transit trials
- Co-ordination of in-house benchmarking and tasting exercises
- Assist with lead product and packaging trials when adequately trained
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Third level degree in Food Science or related discipline
- 1+ years' experience in food manufacturing or in a New Product Development environment is an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience of report writing with excellent communication skills
- Be a keen learner with good initiative
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Megan O'Connor at Next Generation Recruitment via the Apply button.
Next Generation are specialists in recruiting for roles in Data Science, Digital, Engineering & Life Sciences, IT, Supply Chain & Operation, Engineering and Procurement.
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.