about 1 year ago
Procurement Category Manager
My client, a leading FMCG company based in Co. Dublin, is looking for a Procurement Category Manager who will join the recently established Procurement function. You will report to the Head of Indirect Procurement, who is responsible for Indirect & all Procurement Transformation. This is a fantastic opportunity to make an impact, as a critical member of the team!
This is a permanent (full-time) job based in Co. Dublin with some flexibility to work from home available.
What will you do in this job?
- You will create a category procurement strategy by analysing historical data, internal and external benchmarks, identifying and quantifying levers, and developing the supplier pane.
- You will build global market expertise and developing the supplier panel by growing strategic partnerships with key suppliers within each category in line with purchasing strategies.
- You will conduct Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) by periodically evaluating current suppliers and searching for new potential suppliers that are aligned with the objectives of the category.
- You will ensure all products purchased for category are fit for purpose, meet all quality requirements and customer demands.
- You will act as a buyer on critical strategic purchases and suppliers.
- You will manage demand and identify savings opportunities.
What do you need to be successful in this job?
- You hold a 3rd level qualification in a relevant discipline.
- You have a minimum of 6-8 years of experience in Procurement working with Commercial Services, Marketing or Merchandizing categories.
- You have great negotiation skills and the ability to develop interpersonal relationships.
The Next Step for you:
Interested in this role? Please send your CV to SIMONA MORELLI at Next Generation Recruitment by clicking on the Apply button!