24 days ago
A leading food Manufacturing company is looking for a qualified electrician to join their team, you will work in a busy environment. This a 39-hour week working a shift pattern 7 to 7 days and nights.
You will work 3 days 12-hour days (Monday Tuesday Wednesday) one-week days, one-week nights etc. There will be a requirement for one Thursday a month.
The successful candidate for this role will be part of the maintenance and engineering team and the focus will be on the installation, maintenance and repair of plant and machinery.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of plant and machinery.The type of machinery are Form/ Fill/ Seal, Canning & Packaging machinery and associated feed systems, Utilities including, Steam Generation distribution, compressor, safety systems, etc.
- Installation, diagnose & repair of malfunctioning equipment. Following manuals, schematic drawing and procedures in a safe manner.
- To maintain equipment at its optimum efficiency and carry out all planned and unplanned maintenance in a timely and craft like standard.
- To carry out Mechanical work in a safe manner according to the applicable standards and regulations.
- To carry out changeovers, lubrication at the performance level expected to ensure smooth transition between different product types.
- To liaise with other shift personnel to ensure smooth transition of workload over different shifts.
- To discuss performance/Overall Efficiency issues and tackle according to the priorities of the Production/Engineering management.
- To lease with vendors as required for spare parts and technical information.
- To comply with all factory personnel procedures (Breaks, Hygiene, safety, protective clothing, etc.)
- To complete and sign as required all Control/ Check/ Customer/OM/Quality Hygiene/ Spares & Safety sheets in a timely and competent manner.
- Maintain clean as you go policy.
- Maintenance Fitter is required to work throughout the whole factory and site. This includes maintaining equipment and machines in the Cannery, Erin, Packaging, Warehouse, Service areas and other areas that may be operated in the future.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a qualified maintenance electrician or Fitter in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidates must be fully qualified with an Electrical - Mechanical Automation & Maintenance Fitting qualification or equivalent-FETAC Advanced Certificate Level 6. (National Craft Certificate). National Qualification Authority of Ireland MUST has already verified qualifications from other jurisdiction.
- Must be interested in Preventative Maintenance and work on own initiative.
- Must be available work any shift or days.
- Ideally Food Industry, Fast Moving Consumer Goods Manufacturing experience.
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Nuira Esmau at Next Generation Recruitment via the Apply button. Next Generation are specialists in recruiting for roles in Data Science, Digital, Engineering & Life Sciences, IT, Supply Chain & Operation, Engineering and are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.