12 days ago
My client, a well-established and growing food business, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Quality Manager for their Cork based site (commuting distance from Cork City). This business is one of the largest national producers of fish products in its field supplying to retail and wholesale sectors of the food industry.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Cork.
What you will do in the job:
- Responsibility for managing and implementing all aspects of the Food Safety and Quality Management System.
- Preparing for and hosting, audits, customer visits, supplier visits, and visits from regulatory bodies.
- Ensuring all processes are compliant with good manufacturing practice.
- Maintenance and development of HACCP and BRCGS systems
- Ensure raw material and finished product evaluation, verification and specifications is completed.
- Lead the internal audit program.
- Liaise with external contractors relevant to the technical role e.g. Pest Control, Chemical Suppliers, Calibration etc.
- Ensuring site is ready at all times for unannounced audits
What you need to be successful in this job:
- You have a Technical/Quality Background
- A motivated team player with exceptional attention to detail, strong communication & organisational skills as well as ability to lead a team.
- Performance driven with a proven track record of achievement
- Experience in a High Volume/High SKU Retail-Focused Business desirable
- IT literate
- BRCGS knowledge essential, along with retailer customer standards and audits
- Minimum 3 years quality experience in the food industry with a technical/quality background
The Next Step for you:
Interested in this role? Please send your CV to CHLOE DONEGAN at Next Generation Recruitment by clicking on the Apply button!
Not ready to apply just yet? Meet with our recruiters here or get some inspiration to update your CV there.
Next Generation specialise in Life Science, Engineering, Supply Chain & Operations, Data Science, Digital Marketing, and IT.