3 days ago
Quality Technologist - FMCG
A fantastic opportunity has come up for a Quality Technologist looking to join the Quality Team of a well-established food manufacturing company based in Kildare. You will be responsible for participating, as part of the Quality department, in the development and maintenance of the Quality and Food Safety systems to customer, third party standards, and ensuring adherence to relevant legislation. This could be your chance to enrich your skill set in a professional and ground-breaking environment and develop the career you have always dreamed about!
- Maintain the supplier management process with detailed specification, risk assessment, audit and approval records for all raw material, packaging or miscellaneous suppliers
- Travel to conduct supplier audits as necessary as part of new approval, ongoing review or in response to issues.
- Manage the approval of new raw material, packaging or miscellaneous suppliers
- Manage queries or complaints from customers in a timely manner, involving the wider Technical and production teams where needed.
QMS & HACCP Systems
- Responsible for the document control and maintenance of the Quality Management System
- Full participation in both internal and external audits for food safety and quality audits for customers, governing bodies (BRC/ Dept of Agriculture) and other regulatory authorities
- Ensure raw material, process and finished product evaluation and verification is completed
- Implement microbiological, chemical and physical testing schedules in accordance with agreed programme and budget.
- Shelf life analysis management as required for chilled and frozen product
- Budget Controls - Ensure QA related costs are effectively monitored
- Diploma or Degree qualified in Food Science or related subject
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role in FMCG or food retail environment
- Lead auditor certification would be advantageous
- HACCP certification would be advantageous
The next step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Simona Morelli from Next Generation Recruitment or alternatively call her on her direct line on +353 1 6498537. Next Generation are specialists in Engineering, Data Science, Digital, Finance, IT Contract, IT Permanent, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, Procurement & Operations. Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent. All our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.