7 days ago
R&D Manager- Meat Alternatives
Next Generation are currently recruiting an enthusiastic R&D Manager for a multi-site, multi-national, award winning FMCG organisation. We are seeking someone who will be responsible for managing the pipeline for the Meat Alternative Category within the wider Product Development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for researching and developing new scientific innovations and technologies across the Protein alternative Category. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wishes to develop their career in a well established food manufacturing organisation at a senior level.
This is a permanent position. The role will offer good flexibility to work from home however some travel across Europe will be required for this position.
Please note you must have a valid working visa to apply for this position.
- Develop and implement group R&D strategy for the alternative proteins category
- Provide technical leadership and supervision to a team of Technologists within the business
- Research technology trends and capabilities to ensure the business is at the forefront of innovation
- Work closely with suppliers across Europe in relation to new products and technologies
- Develop close relationships with internal departments to include Sales, Marketing, Culinary Teams and externally with key suppliers and customers.
- Develop innovation plans to meet market needs in all customers channels and markets
- 3-5 years' experience within a similar senior level R&D role
- Plant/Meat alternative category experience is a distinct advantage
- Degree qualified in a Food Science or similar discipline
- Proven ability to be able to liaise across a wide range of internal functions and external customers at a senior Level
- Ability to travel within Europe
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
The Next Step for you:
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Kate Curran at Next Generation Recruitment via the Apply button.
Next Generation are specialists in recruiting for roles in Data Science, Digital, Engineering & Life Sciences, IT, Supply Chain & Operation, Engineering and Procurement.
Applications are in strict confidence. Next Generation will never share your data outside of our organisation without your prior written consent; all our calls are recorded for training and quality purpose. Please read our Data Protection Policy on our website.